Our Electronics Tech Center in Brasov focuses on the innovation, development and testing of electronic applications in the Passive Safety area (Seatbelts & Steering Wheels), coordinating end-to-end projects for European OEMs.
We are now looking for a Mechatronic System Engineer - Steering Wheel Electronics to join our growing team. Our new colleague will define the system and product according with development methods and safety standards.
What will you do?
• Identify, develop, and review the technical system
• Support technical review and selection of suppliers for different electronic and mechatronic components
• Communication, organization, planning and follow-up with OEM, Supplier and internal engineering teams
• Breakdown and refine the needed requirements of the product, by supporting the definition of specific requirements and architectures together with Development & Engineering groups.
• Actively participate in product design development, prototype and validation of new functions, working on a wide variety of technical problems and systems pertaining to the integration of switches, capacitive touch sensing, heating, lighting, wiring harnesses, and other Steering Wheel subsystems and components
• Creates a bridge between Electronics and Mechanical teams
Responsible of the integration and mechatronic system functionality for Steering wheel functions:
• Hands On Detection Function (Sensor and ECU)
• Heating Function
• Steering Wheel switches and additional electronic components (e.g.: Lighting)
• Specification sheet for the product
• Manufacturing product specification
• Support End of Line Check development during project life (prototype station) and for serial production focusing on testing of mechatronic functions (Hands on detection, Heating)
• Create the interface for mechatronic function test in the steering wheel
• Support the implementation of the tool and the usage during the testing.
What will you bring?
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or similar
• Relevant experience in systems engineering or mechatronic engineering, automotive focus preferred
• Experience in designing systems that contains ECU, sensors and actuators with additional programming
• Knowledge about vehicle communication (CAN, LIN) and signal processing
• Good understanding of system elements on vehicle level for features (Mechatronic, Electrical, Software engineering).
• Expertise in requirements management and requirements analysis/breakdown
It would be an advantage if you would bring:
• Previous experience in Project launch/Industrial engineering
• Experience with managing external suppliers
• Experience with automotive ambient or warning lighting
• Previous experience with capacitive sensing for automotive applications (multi-functions switches, hands-on detection)