Our Electronics Tech Center in Brasov focuses on the innovation, development and testing of electronic applications in the Safety area (Seatbelts & Steering Wheels), coordinating end-to-end projects for European OEMs.
We are looking for a Functional Safety Engineer to join our growing team. In this role, you will conduct safety activities, provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on system safety findings and recommend design changes to improve automotive embedded safety systems. You will be responsible for ensuring that the functional safety of our products is achieved (position eligible for remote work/relocation).
What will you do?
• Manage activities according to ISO 26262, plan System Safety Activities with respect to Project Time schedules
• Participate in Safety Analyses of system, subsystem, hardware and software architectures. Safety Analyses include HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, ETA
• Specify and document safety concepts and requirements for safety architecture including HW and SW aspects
• Communicate to engineering design teams the system safety aspects and communicate what is required to meet specified safety integrity levels
• Review System and Discipline Test Plans and Specifications to ensure compliance with safety plan with respect to the verification of derived Safety concepts
• Interface with Customers regarding the technical safety aspects for the system and support quoting proposals
• Interface with Quality Assurance (IATF 16949)
• Collaborate with supporting processes
• Conclude on functional safety of the products, based on Safety Case
What will you bring?
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering Science preferred
• Previous experience in functional safety implementation in an automotive environment, applying safety according to ISO 26262 standard
• Good understanding of Embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains
• Background in Embedded Electronic Controls systems (E.g. Brake, Airbag, Steering)
• Experience with Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
• Knowledge of Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), FTA, DFMEA
• Previous experience with Dependent Failure, Common cause analysis, Freedom From Interference Analysis, Maintenance Safety Analysis
• Strong view on implementation of Quality Management in process
Being onboard our journey of saving more lives will reward you in many ways:
- An attractive salary package with additional benefits such as meal tickets, lunch subsidy, 13th salary and other bonuses throughout the year
- Health & Wellness focus through a private medical cover, remote work, social events and competitions, sport activities and discounts
- Professional development, including training and talent management, so that we are all growing together
- Autonomous working environment, with task diversity & challenging projects, to keep things interesting