Our Electronics Tech Center in Brasov focuses on the innovation, development and testing of electronic applications in the Passive Safety area (Seatbelts & Steering Wheels), coordinating end-to-end projects for European OEMs.
We are now looking for a System Engineer - Steering Wheel Electronics to join our growing team. Our new colleague will define the system and product according with development methods and safety standards.
What will you do?
- Identify, develop, and review the technical system
- Support technical review and selection of suppliers for different electronic components
- Communication, organization, planning and follow-up with OEM, Supplier and internal engineering teams
- Breakdown and refine the needed requirements of the product, by supporting the definition of specific requirements and architectures together with Development & Engineering groups.
- Specification sheet for the product
- Manufacturing product specification
- Ensure integration and mechatronic system functionality for Steering wheel functions:
- Hands On Detection Function (Sensor and ECU)
- Heating Function
- Steering Wheel switches and additional electronic components (e.g.: Lighting)
- Lead End of Line Check development during project life (prototype station) and for serial production
- Create the interface for mechatronic function test in the steering wheel
- Ensure the availability of the tool fit for use in deferent manufacturing plants
- Support the implementation of the tool and the usage during the testing.
- Define the tool strategy
What will you bring?
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or similar
- Relevant experience in systems engineering or as a feature/function owner in the electronics industry, automotive focus preferred
- Good understanding of system elements on vehicle level for features (Electrical, Software, Mechanical engineering).
- Expertise in requirements management and requirements analysis/breakdown
It would be an advantage if you would bring:
- Previous experience in Project launch/Industrial engineering
- Experience with managing external suppliers
Flexible remote job: flexibility to sometimes work remotely, but the colleague is expected to report to a local office occasionally, as needed.
This position is eligible for relocation support.
Being on board our journey of saving more lives will reward you in many ways:
An attractive salary package with additional benefits such as meal tickets, lunch subsidy, 13th salary and other bonuses throughout the year
Health & Wellness focus through a private medical cover, flexible working schedule including teleworking, social events and competitions, sport activities and discounts
Professional development, including training and talent management, so that we are all growing together
Autonomous working environment, with task diversity & challenging projects, to keep things interesting